ENGLISH SPEAKING STUDENTS
ESEO INSTITUTE OF SC. & TECHNOLOGY
ESEO is a comprehensive Institute of Science and Technology founded in 1956. It has received its accreditation from the CTI -Commission des Titres d'Ingénieurs continuously since 1962 and is part of the "Grande Ecole" CGE network, a non-profit organization. Members of the CGE Network are very selective and prestigious schools of higher education. ESEO has 4 campuses (Angers, PAris and Dijon in France, Shanghai in China) and proposes many courses in partnership (USA, Canada, UK, Australia, Sénégal, Maroc, ...). Each year, some 200 students obtain the ESEO Master of Engineering Degree ("Diplôme d'ingénieur"). So far, 5,000 ESEO alumni work in 1,400 companies around the world.
DIPLOME D'INGENIEUR, INTERNATIONAL ACCREDITATION AS MASTER
Bologna agreement, gathering over 45 countries including the European Union, has established that the French diplôme d'ingénieur is equivalent to a Master's degree. Only national degrees at the level + 300 credits ECTS (ex: diplôme d'ingénieur) meet the International requirements for an "official" Master's degree. In the US, the ESEO Master degree is fully recognised as a MSE Master of Sciences in Engineering.
The enrolment consists of those students who have consistently obtained the highest grades throughout the last few years of their secondary studies. ESEO is organized over a period of 5 years with both post-baccalaureate (A-Levels) and post- bachelor admissions. The five year curriculum aims at training engineers who possess human qualities and multiple competences in 6 specialized fields.
ESEO welcomes students :
- With a BACHELOR's or MASTER's degree (or equivalent) in one or more sientific domains, Information Technology, Computer Sciences, Automatism, Signal Processing, BioMedical, Embedded Systems, Electronics, Networks, Telecoms
- The minimum level of French required to applicants is : TEF 361 or TCF 300 or CECR B1 or DELF / DALF B1
- The normal level of French required to applicants is B2
1) ASK by Email AND FULFILL YOUR APPLICATION FORM
2) SEND YOUR APPLICATION FORM with all required documents to :
ESEO - 10 Bd Jeanneteau - CS 90717 49107 Angers Cedex 2 - France.
In addition, if you are in China, ESEO organizes interviews.
3) ESEO will answer you DIRECTLY by email and letter WITHIN 2 WEEKS.
If necessary your "ESEO Letter of Offer" will include a minimum level of French level required to all students to start Master's courses : TEF 699 or TCF 500 or CECR C1 or DELF / DALF C1. If you do not have the minimum required you are accepted at ESEO with the condition that you take French lessons either in your country before arriving in France, either in Angers at ESEO's partner institutes : UNIVERSITE CATHOLIQUE DE L'OUEST - CIDEF, UNIVERSITE D'ANGERS - CELFE or CENEC Angers.
TUITION FEES AT ESEO
- The tuition fees for the ESEO Master's Degree ("ingénieur ESEO") are around 7,500 Euros per year. A minimum 3 Semesters period in France is required for the ingénieur Master of Enginneering recognized by the French State and the European Community.
- Fees charged by the institution do not include living expenses. Students must be able to prove financial support of at least 600 euros per month for living costs.
A PROGRESSIVE PEDAGOGY
Throughout their curriculum at ESEO, engineering students are supported in the elaboration and achievement of their personal and professional projects. The establishment endeavours to implement an active and motivating pedagogical approach:
- personal achievements
- training through projects, teamwork
- international experience (Min. 3 months, Max. 18 months)
- extensive use of Information & Communication Technologies
- 3 industrial work placements / internships (total 12 months of experience)
Master 1 (year 4 at ESEO)
- Sept N to May N+1 : courses at ESEO, France (semesters 7 and 8)
- June to August N+1 : work placement in France or abroad (students get help to find it. They could get paid around 700 euros per month by companies)
Master 2 (year 5 at ESEO)
- October N+1 to February N+2 : courses at ESEO, France (semester 9)
- March to June N+2 : work placement in France or abroad (students get help to find it. They could get paid around 1 200 euros per month by companies)
7 FIELDS OF SPECIALISATION
Common classes in : English, Law, Human resources management, optional fields. In house industrial placements during the 4th year (average 3 to 4 months), and the 5th year (average 6 months).
1 Information Systems :
Artificial Intelligence, Applications complexity and security, Applications and Data advanced design, .NET & Java EE Frameworks, Projects, Computer aided decision system
2 Networking & Telecommunications :
Networks protocols, Data networks, Core networks, VoiP, NGN-IMS Networks, Networks Engineering, Information System Security, System architecture
3 Signal Processing & Telecommunications :
EMC, Analog & Digital electronics, Digital signal processing, State space process control, DSP, Random signal processing, C++ programming language, Embedded signal processing, Image processing and compression, Video compression, VHDL and IP, Neural network and data analysis..
4 Embedded real time systems architect :
Electronics, RFID, EMC, Digital signal processing, VHDL, Software engineering for embedded systems, real-time UML (MARTE°, System safety, Quality Test, Real time kernel programming, Electric actuators, Linear process control, State space process control, Process control project, Embedded systems project...
5 Embedded Electronics :
Microwave circuits, Embedded C language, Verilog Language, RFID, Noise in electronic circuits, Microelectronics, Antennas, USB, Batteries, C++ language, SystemC language, Wireless communication, Mechatronics, Integrated Analog Design ...
6 Biomedical Engineering:
Anatomy, physiology, molecular and cellular biology, physics, signal processing, image processing, ultrasound imaging, data mining, biomedical-oriented IT, EMC, bioinformatics, image processing project, embedded systems projects...
7 Energy and Environment :
Nuclear powers, renewable energies, computer simulation, numerical analysis, data mining, thermodynamics, electrical modeling, solar energy, fluid mechanics, wind energy, optimization, electrochemistry, sustainable development...
9 RESEARCH ORIENTED FRENCH DUAL-MASTERS
(ESEO + partner University) are also proposed by ESEO in collaboration with French Universities (during last year only) :
- Systems, Processes and Information, with UTC Compiègne
- Optical Sensors and Instrumentation, with the University of Angers
- Dynamic Systems and Signal Processing, with the University of Angers
- Biological and Medical Signal Processing and Imaging, with the University of Angers
- Automation and Production Systems, with the University of Nantes
- Signal Processing, with the University of Rennes
- Integrated Devices and Microtechnology, with the University of Rennes
- Computer Science - Computing, Interaction and Decision, with the University of Angers
- Networking with the University of Pierre and Marie Curie (Paris VI)
- Study visa : for France, all students must obtain a student visa, except those from EU/EEA countries. Please refer to the French Embassy in your country for the required documents. For other countries, please refer to the appropriate Embassy in your country.
- Residence permits : In France, residence permits will be issued by the Préfecture upon the students' arrival
- Accommodation & meals : Help will be given to find accommodation either in student halls of residence, in apartments or with families. Meals are available at all the student restaurants in Angers and Paris (around 3€ ). Cafeterias are usually available on campus.
- Student life : In France, students can participate in a variety of activities through more than 30 clubs and associations which offer leisure activities such as sailing, horse-riding, rock climbing, football, music, theatre, photography, humanitarian aid... This is a source of conviviality, of friendship, and reveals our special 'Grande Ecole' spirit.