Welcome to ESEO France !
Welcome to ESEO Group, Graduate School of Engineering founded over fifty years ago as part of the "Université Catholique de l'Ouest" in Angers. Besides Angers, ESEO Group is settled today over three different campuses (Paris -La Defense, Dijon - France and Shanghai) and enjoys more than 50 dual master degree partnerships all over the world. ESEO is part of FESIC network (One engineer out of ten in France is an alumni from a FESIC School).Its management and electronics excellence as well as its research programs are internationally respected. In 2008, ESEO has received the European label of Excellence "EUR-Ace".
ESEO INSTITUTE OF SC. & TECHNOLOGY, FRANCE
ESEO is a comprehensive Institute of Science and Technology founded in 1956. It has received its accreditation from the CTI -Commission des Titres d'Ingénieurs (1) continuously since 1962 and is part of the "Grande Ecole" CGE network, a non-profit organization. Members of the CGE Network are very selective and prestigious schools of higher education. ESEO has 4 campuses (Angers, Dijon, and Paris in France and Shanghai in China) and is recognized by the profession as one of the best schools of engineering among 205 in France. Each year, some 170 students obtain the ESEO Master of Engineering Degree ("Diplôme d'ingénieur"). So far, 4,300 ESEO alumni work in 1200 companies around the world.
(1)Engineering Accreditation Institution which authorizes French Grandes Ecoles to deliver the "Diplôme d'Ingénieur"
DIPLOME D'INGENIEUR, INTERNATIONAL ACCREDITATION AS MASTER
In France, the title of "ingénieur diplômé" is nationally recognized and protected by the law. This protection is a guarantee of the quality of engineers' basic education and of their capacity to assume broad responsibilities in the course of their professional life. Bologna agreement, gathering over 45 countries including the European Union, has established that the French diplôme d'ingénieur is equivalent to a Master's degree. Only national degrees at the level + 300 credits ECTS (ex: diplôme d'ingénieur) meet the International requirements for an "official" Master's degree.
- 40 international master's degrees in 7 countries
- 8 % of foreign students and professors
- 20 % of ESEO students obtain an international dual-Master's degree (12 months abroad)
- 100 % ESEO of students gain a 3 to 6-month international experience within their curriculum
- 150 ESEO students per year go abroad for at least one work placement.
Relations with the business world
- Professors are often called upon for consultancy
- Research is performed within ESEO laboratories on behalf of companies or local government agencies
- Case studies are dealt with by students in reply to requests from companies or professional institutions.
- 550 Master students per year do industrial work placements in 400 companies
Research laboratories and resources
- 75 % of ESEO professors are doctors (PhD degree),
- 23 laboratories, media library, language resource centers and multimedia facilities (350 PCs, Wifi access, intranet for students, etc).
- research-oriented Master's degrees ("Masters Recherche") at ESEO : the ESEO Group offers dual research-oriented Master's degrees, under the supervision of accredited professors inside ESEO and/or in cooperation with associate universities. The "Ingenieur ESEO" diploma (European Master grade) and the "Masters Recherche" diploma are both officially recognized by the French Ministry of Education. A list of the "Masters Recherche" offered to ESEO students during their engineering studies in France is given below.
ESEO Group, part of FESIC network
- The FESIC network represents 19 graduate schools of Engineering in France, including ISEP Paris, ISEN Lille, CPE Lyon. One engineer out of ten in France is an alumni from a FESIC School.
Four locations for Masters worldwide
ESEO Angers - France (1h30 west of Paris)
ESEO Paris - France
ESEO Dijon - France (1h30 south east of Paris)
ESEO Shanghai - China
+ dual "Masters Recherche" research-oriented Master's degrees
+ international dual Master's degrees all around the world
The enrolment consists of those students who have consistently obtained the highest grades throughout the last few years of their secondary studies. ESEO is organized over a period of 5 years with both post-baccalaureate (A-Levels) and post- bachelor admissions. The five year curriculum aims at training engineers who possess human qualities and multiple competences in 6 specialized fields.
ESEO welcomes students :
- With a BACHELOR's or MASTER's degree (or equivalent) in one or more sientific domains, Information Technology, Computer Sciences, Automatism, Signal Processing, BioMedical, Embedded Systems, Electronics, Networks, Telecoms
- The minimum level of French required to applicants is : TEF 361 or TCF 300 or CECR B1 or DELF / DALF B1
- The normal level of French required to applicants is B2
1) FULFILL YOUR APPLICATION FORM
2) SEND YOUR APPLICATION FORM with all required documents to :
ESEO - 10 Bd Jeanneteau - CS 90717 49107 Angers Cedex 2 - France.
In addition, if you are in China, ESEO organizes interviews.
3) ESEO will answer you DIRECTLY by email and letter WITHIN 2 WEEKS.
If necessary your "ESEO Letter of Offer" will include a minimum level of French level required to all students to start Master's courses : TEF 699 or TCF 500 or CECR C1 or DELF / DALF C1. If you do not have the minimum required you are accepted at ESEO with the condition that you take French lessons either in your country before arriving in France, either in Angers at ESEO's partner institutes : UNIVERSITE CATHOLIQUE DE L'OUEST - CIDEF, UNIVERSITE D'ANGERS - CELFE or CENEC Angers.
TUITION FEES AT ESEO
- The tuition fees for the ESEO Master's Degree ("ingénieur ESEO") are around 6000 Euros per year. A minimum 2 years period in France is required for the ingénieur Master of Enginneering recognized by the French State and the European Community.
- Fees charged by the institution do not include living expenses. Students must be able to prove financial support of at least 600 euros per month for living costs.
A PROGRESSIVE PEDAGOGY
Throughout their curriculum at ESEO, engineering students are supported in the elaboration and achievement of their personal and professional projects. The establishment endeavours to implement an active and motivating pedagogical approach:
- personal achievements
- training through projects, teamwork
- international experience (Min. 3 months, Max. 18 months)
- extensive use of Information & Communication Technologies
- 3 industrial work placements / internships (total 12 months of experience)
A two-year first cycle (1st & 2nd years)
This first cycle is serving to provide students with the basic training and all the elements they will need to choose their specialty :
- Mathematics (420 h), Physics and electronics (380 h), Industrial sciences (180 h), Fundamentals of electronics and computer sciences (120 h), Directed work (Travaux dirigés) and practical works (travaux pratiques) (680 h), Cultural General Education (120 h), English (100 h), Optionnal second foreign language (100 h), In house industrial placement (average 2 months).
A three-year second cycle (3rd, 4th & 5th years)
The objective of the 3rd year is to provide basic technical and technological knowledge, preparing for a further more specialized engineering education :
- Mathematics and software engineering (180 h), Electronics and signal processing (150 h), Project management and communication skills (116 h), Micro-processors (60 h), Electrical Engineering (35 h), Directed work (Travaux dirigés) and practical works (travaux pratiques) (250 h), English (80h), Optionnal second foreign language (80 h), Optional fields (80 h)
The 4th and the 5th years emphasize in-depth learning with the objective of providing the future engineer with more methodology and skills rather than a specialization in a specific sector. ESEO students have a choice among 7 majors at ESEO, and among 34 majors with partner universities (dual-Masters).
- Structure : first year / Master 1
Sept N to May N+1 : courses at ESEO, France
June to August N+1 : work placement in France or abroad
(students get help to find it. They could get paid around 400 euros per month by companies)
- Structure : second year / Master 2
October N+1 to January N+2 : courses at ESEO, France.
February to June N+2 : work placement in France or abroad
(students get help to find it. They could get paid around 1 000 euros per month by companies)
7 FIELDS OF SPECIALISATION
Common classes in : English, Law, Human resources management, optional fields. In house industrial placements during the 4th year (average 3 to 4 months), and the 5th year (average 6 months).
1 Information Systems :
Artificial Intelligence, Applications complexity and security, Applications and Data advanced design, .NET & Java EE Frameworks, Projects, Computer aided decision system
2 Networking & Telecommunications :
Networks protocols, Data networks, Core networks, VoiP, NGN-IMS Networks, Networks Engineering, Information System Security, System architecture
3 Signal Processing & Telecommunications :
EMC, Analog & Digital electronics, Digital signal processing, State space process control, DSP, Random signal processing, C++ programming language, Embedded signal processing, Image processing and compression, Video compression, VHDL and IP, Neural network and data analysis..
4 Embedded real time systems architect :
Electronics, RFID, EMC, Digital signal processing, VHDL, Software engineering for embedded systems, real-time UML (MARTE°, System safety, Quality Test, Real time kernel programming, Electric actuators, Linear process control, State space process control, Process control project, Embedded systems project...
5 Embedded Electronics :
Microwave circuits, Embedded C language, Verilog Language, RFID, Noise in electronic circuits, Microelectronics, Antennas, USB, Batteries, C++ language, SystemC language, Wireless communication, Mechatronics, Integrated Analog Design ...
6 Biomedical Engineering:
Anatomy, physiology, molecular and cellular biology, physics, signal processing, image processing, ultrasound imaging, data mining, biomedical-oriented IT, EMC, bioinformatics, image processing project, embedded systems projects...
7 Energy and Environment :
Nuclear powers, renewable energies, computer simulation, numerical analysis, data mining, thermodynamics, electrical modeling, solar energy, fluid mechanics, wind energy, optimization, electrochemistry, sustainable development...
9 RESEARCH ORIENTED FRENCH DUAL-MASTERS
(ESEO + partner University) are also proposed by ESEO in collaboration with French Universities (during last year only) :
- Systems, Processes and Information, with UTC Compiègne
- Optical Sensors and Instrumentation, with the University of Angers
- Dynamic Systems and Signal Processing, with the University of Angers
- Biological and Medical Signal Processing and Imaging, with the University of Angers
- Automation and Production Systems, with the University of Nantes
- Signal Processing, with the University of Rennes
- Integrated Devices and Microtechnology, with the University of Rennes
- Computer Science - Computing, Interaction and Decision, with the University of Angers
- Networking with the University of Pierre and Marie Curie (Paris VI)
2 SCHOOL OF MANAGEMENT DUAL-MASTERS
(ESEO + partner management institution) are also proposed with the first post-baccalaureate Graduate School of Management in France : ESSCA. Since 2010, ESEO also proposes a dual master's degree with the 8th European programme in Management (ie Times Ranking) : AUDENCIA School of Management.
- Link to ESEO Audencia dual master
40 INTERNATIONAL DUAL-MASTERS
(ESEO + partner University) are also proposed by ESEO in collaboration with the following international Universities :
- Canada : University of Sherbrooke
- Argentina : University of Belgrano
- Germany : Ulm University of Applied Sciences
- United Kingdom : University of Plymouth
- China : City University of Hong Kong
- Australia : University of Wollongong
- USA : Chicago IIT
- Link to International ESEO dual masters
The cursus, which meet the international quality requirements for a Master's Degree, are worth 300 ECTS (European Credit Transfert System) credits in the European Bologna agreement of 1999).
The French "Grandes Ecoles" are prestigious, high-level institutions from which most of France's top managers graduate. As a Grande Ecole, ESEO offers Master's Degree accredited by the French Ministry of Education and the "Conference des Grandes Ecoles".
Relations with companies
One of the strong points of the French Masters curricula : companies, whatever their size, participate closely in the training of French engineers and managers.
For France, all students must obtain a student visa, except those from EU/EEA countries. Please refer to the French Embassy in your country for the required documents. For other countries, please refer to the appropriate Embassy in your country.
In France, residence permits will be issued by the Préfecture upon the students' arrival
Accommodation & meals
Help will be given to find accommodation either in student halls of residence, in apartments or with families. Meals are available at all the student restaurants in Angers and Paris (around 3€ ). Cafeterias are usually available on campus.
In France, students can participate in a variety of activities through more than 30 clubs and associations which offer leisure activities such as sailing, horse-riding, rock climbing, football, music, theatre, photography, humanitarian aid... This is a source of conviviality, of friendship, and reveals our special 'Grande Ecole' spirit.
Contacts for students, professors, universities, companies :
ESEO INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS
- Mme Isabelle ORINSTEIN-ORY
- Email for information or applications
- Tél. +33(0)2 41 86 67 91
- In China : Ms Carol ZHU, tél. +86(0)21 6307 3005 - firstname.lastname@example.org
ESEO TRAINEES :
Work placements or internships are part of the Master of Engineering pedagogy. If you are looking for international trainees, research oriented students, or master degree engineers, ESEO can help you in the fields of Information Technology, Computer Sciences, Automatism, Signal Processing, BioMedical, Embedded Systems, Electronics, Networks, Telecoms.
Every year 150 ESEO students do work placements / internships abroad in more than 30 countries.
3 work placements are part of the curricula
- JULY & AUGUST (3rd year students -L3)
- JUNE TO SEPTEMBER (4th year students -M1)
- FEBRUARY TO SEPTEMBER or JULY TO DECEMBER (5th year students -M2)
Please contact :
- In France: Mme Isabelle ORINSTEIN-ORY - Email for contact - Tél. +33(0)2 41 86 67 91
- If you are in China: Ms Carol ZHU - ESEO Shanghai - email@example.com - Tél. +86(0)21 6307 3005